Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mise en place

The calm before the storm:

Flowers ready for arranging

Drinks, tableware, and non-perishables ready for serving

More drinks + turkey (chilling before roasting in esky/cooler)
In other news, I feel compelled to confess to you all that today I bought whipped cream in a can. It's real cream - not whipped topping - but I have never done such a thing before. I dithered for about five minutes in front of the (freezing!) before I decided that making homemade whipped cream, intended as an optional frill on some of the desserts, just might be what drove me around the twist sometime tomorrow afternoon. I hope it's a compromise we can all live with - unlike, say, plastic wine glasses, which I couldn't bring myself to buy.

NaBloPoMo, Day 26.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...