Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Trip prep

Just when I was starting to feel settled in, it's time to uproot myself and head off again - only briefly this time, though. It's time for my yearly jaunt to my .org's annual meeting, which this year is in Auckland, New Zealand. (Some of my coworkers suspect my multiple international moves are an elaborate ploy to put myself in easy reach of the next annual meeting venue.) Seven days of meetings, workshops, and wall-to-wall gabbing await.

I've got just under 24 hours until the taxi arrives to take me to the airport, and about 20 things left on my pre-departure To Do list. I am cheerfully (not to say delusionally) optimistic that this is doable without staying up all night.

Perhaps not surprisingly for me, at least one-third of those 20 items involve food - prepping food to leave behind for DP and Miss B; packing homemade goodies to bring as gifts; prepping lunch to take with me on my journey tomorrow; and checking my travel cooking kit for use in our Auckland self-catering accommodation (TUK NZ style!).

So, more to come from across the ditch! If you've got any must-see, must-do, or must-eat recommendations for in or around Auckland, please share them - it's my third visit, but I know I've barely scratched the surface as yet.








0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...