Tuesday, September 18, 2012

4 | 400

American section of the RL cookbook collection, Canberra Sep 2012


This post is a double milestone for me: my 400th post here, on the
4th birthday of Roving Lemon’s Big Adventure.

I don’t think I would have believed it if someone had told me, when I started this blog in an LA hotel room in September 2008, that four years later I’d be commemorating this anniversary in Canberra – newly returned from a 2.5-year stint on the Kansas/Missouri border. Three intercontinental moves in four years! And through it all this blog, and the way that it continues to shape (and shift) my perceptions, has remained one of the constants, no matter what else is in upheaval around me. It has provided challenge, learning, and satisfaction, and helped me to enjoy the journey much more than I might have otherwise – whatever the direction or destination.

I wonder what the next year will bring? (Possibly best not to know in advance?) Whatever it may be, thanks to all of you who’ve come along for any (or all) portions of the journey so far; your company and contributions have been among the best parts.

2 comments:

diana said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the great milestone -- I've enjoyed reading every post and am thrilled to see the picture of an unpacked kitchen. Here's to lots more food, travel and other adventures.

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

@diana Thanks, Diana! Have loved having you along for the journey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...