Friday, November 30, 2012

30 days

Note zested lime wedge - for topping up the citrus sugar jar. Frugal!

It's November 30. It's Friday. And I've made it through another round of #NaBloPoMo. I think a bit of a celebration is in order, yes?


NaBloPoMo sour
This is what the CVF evolved into after I ran out of cumquat julp, around the same time I discovered that you could buy lemon lime and bitters (my favorite non-alcoholic Australian beverage) pre-made and bottled at the grocery store. Just the thing for the end of NaBloPoMo, especially when the temperature has suddenly jumped to 35C/95F.


1 shot/1.5 oz/45 ml vodka
2 Tbsp/1 oz/30 ml citrus juice (I used blood orange for the flavor and lovely color)
1 Tbsp/.5 oz/15 ml simple syrup
5 oz/150 ml bottled lemon lime and bitters
fat wedge of lime 
Fill an 8 oz/240 ml drinking glass halfway with ice, then add first four ingredients. Stir to combine. Squeeze lime and drop in glass.

Makes 1 fizzy, tart, celebratory cocktail.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...