Monday, August 27, 2012

Moving Monday


We got the word on Thursday that Australian Customs had cleared our household goods for delivery, and at 8am today I was at the house to meet the moving crew. They proceeded to dump 50,000 boxes in our new rental (this may be a slight exaggeration), and by 6pm I had unpacked 5 of them (this, sadly, is not). We'll be taking up permanent residence as soon as I have unearthed and cleaned sufficient bedding and plates to allow us to camp out among the piles. (Keep your fingers crossed that this happens before Thursday, which is our we're-not-extending-it-any-further checkout date for our temporary accommodation.) I did find my cast-iron skillet in the third box, so the signs are auspicious. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...