Friday, December 9, 2011

Baking frenzy

Today I finished up the last of my allotment of the breads (with a batch of cranberry walnut bread) for the Vintage Homes Society, and also knocked out 3 dozen cookies for attendance at my first-ever cookie swap, from which I have just returned. As much as I like to bake, I rarely ever try to make more than one thing on the same day, because it fuddles my brain, and today was no exception. I think I managed to screw up both recipes, although luckily the outcomes were still presentable--just not what I had expected. (I don't think it helped that both were my own concoctions.)

Given that, I am not going to invite further screw-ups and attempt to transcribe any recipes tonight. I'll be back tomorrow with more harrowing details and, more importantly, some recipe specifics. In the meantime I'll leave you with another cookie swap shot (as usual, after the cookie carnage had begun):

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...