applying for a mortgage or solo parenting, but we have had another five snow days (now I know why we have no spring break on the schedule), several out-of-town visitors, a thaw that took temperatures up near 70, a couple of birthdays, and to finish things off, head colds complete with hacking coughs for 2/3 of the RL household.
And, as always, there’s plenty of eating going on. Here are some of this month’s favorites:
- Savory cheese biscuits (this dough keeps well in the fridge, so you can slice off a tray or two to bake for nibbling with pre-dinner drinks whenever the mood strikes or guests appear)
- Roast pork tenderloin (the best thing about frosty February Sundays is Sunday lunch)
- Beef stroganoff pasties (what better way to use up leftover meat & veg than to wrap them up in pastry dough?)
- Homemade graham crackers (thoroughly delicious as is; even better with melted chocolate drizzled on top)
- Chocolate-capped coconut snowballs (my friend and official taster R. described these as “homemade Mounds”; plus: bonus: gluten-free!)
Happy March! Here's to the onset of more temperate weather on both sides of the equator....