Friday, April 17, 2009

Line crossing

I’ve seen a few posts recently about how to know when you’ve gone too far as a food blogger. But I personally have decided that you have crossed the line when you start taking pictures of your breakfast. And then post them.

Which I have now done.

Uh-oh.

BUT. Doesn’t it look beautiful? (Or “bee-yoo-ba” as my niece used to say once upon a time, which sounds much more emphatic.) And delicious? And healthy? I eat some variation of this for breakfast most days of the week, and have been for about three years, and I still haven’t gotten tired of it. It’s Greek yogurt, topped with a handful of homemade granola and fruit of some kind (thawed frozen blackberries here). The Greek yogurt is key—it’s got a lot more heft to it than the regular kind, so it fills you up better, and its tangy creaminess, combined with some sweet-tart fruit and a little crunch for contrast, makes for a happy mouth and stomach to start the day.

Try it. I am confident it will improve the quality of your life.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...