Monday, February 15, 2010

Presidents' Day

Not Presents Day, as some people who shall remain nameless would like you to think.

Miss B and I have spent most of this holiday weekend laying low: trying to kick this horrendous head cold that we've both had for most of the past week; avoiding whiteout-induced multi-car pileups on I-70; and watching as much Olympic women's ice hockey as possible (okay, that last part was mostly me).

I didn't give too much thought to Valentine's Day, what with DP being away and the fact that I don't care too much about it in the first place. But Miss B woke me up with a card that she and DP had picked out before he left, and reminded me later that I had rashly suggested cupcakes as a suitable commemoration of the day.

So we made some. Even though our current kitchen has no mixer, which means I did all the mixing by hand, alternating a big purple silicon spatula and a whisk. (How's that for an expression of love?) Miss B helped me decorate them (the jimmies were her idea) in colors suitable to the occasion.

They look pretty good, don't they? I can't wait until we can both breathe again, so we can taste them, too.

Cupcake recipe here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Valentine's Day, Lemon! :)

Get well soon... Celia

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

Celia - same to you, a bit late. Think we are finally turning the corner with this cold; I didn't wake up last night because I couldn't breathe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...