|The RL Christmas tree--a gift from SP|
And not only failing as a human being and all-around domestic goddess, but also as a blogger: over the course of the past week I managed to prepare/consume/share/give away the following without ever taking a picture:
- an entire batch of pizzelles (I know I promised a post about these; it will be slightly delayed)
- ditto cardamom snowballs (adapted from a recipe in this month’s Bon Appetit)
- a bacon-cheddar-peppadew cheese ball (adapted from Homesick Texan via Dinner with Julie)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners in their entirety
- carefully assembled dessert trays for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners
And yet, last night, as DP and I sat flopped on the couch together, watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (me with one of my new cookbooks on my lap), I said to DP, “You know, in spite of all my angsting about what a crappy job I was doing at managing things this year, it turned out to be a really nice Christmas.”
“Yes, it was,” he agreed in his usual no-nonsense fashion. “So why don’t you write that down and remember it, so maybe you won’t be so hard on yourself next year.”
Done. And after that, all that’s left to do is to wish you all a peaceful and relaxing holiday season.
Welcome, Christmas, bring your cheer.
Cheer to all Whos far and near.
Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp.
Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we.
- Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!